Sunday, January 18, 2015

Easton's baptism

We couldn't have asked for a better day!  Exactly one year to the date of our arrival to the states with Easton he was baptized.  So much has changed in this last year.  I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate the day!
Our families came, the sun was shining and it was a warm January day.  Easton was hilarious.  It was quite clear that our pastor doesn't often baptize a toddler.  Typically it is an infant or an older child.  Easton was quite curious about his facial hair and his glasses. 
When we arrived, I handed him to our pastor to see if he would go to him.  He went without a fuss.  The service began and Easton suddenly realized that we were all there.  He couldn't quite figure it out, but he was a happy kiddo.  It was time for his baptism, and the preacher reached to take him from me.  Easton shook his head, "no."  He wasn't going.  Nope, once he has made up his mind, he isn't changing it.  So, I whispered to him, "go and I will give you a snack."  His arms flew out reaching for the preacher.  Our preacher informed the congregation that they clearly hadn't heard the whole conversation that had just happened.  He thought it was hilarious.  As the baptism went on, our church saw Easton's silly side.  He was so happy, which is much better than the alternative!  There is no middle ground with Easton.  He is either happy or melting. 



We finished the baptism and after church our family came over to enjoy some lunch.  It was so nice out the Easton and Ian went outside to play!  I don't know which one had a better time?!?!  Ian has been the only boy for so long that he welcomes another boy to hang out with!  :) 

The girls played upstairs and had a blast.  Everyone got along and enjoyed the day.  John went upstairs to check on everyone and they girls were doing "magic" tricks.  They had Annelyn in two totes and were pretending to cut her in half. 


Everyone headed home and Olivia and Easton were playing.  John and I commented on how great of a day it had been and how nice it was to sit down and the two kids actually play together!  Within a matter of seconds we were headed to the ER after that comment.  Easton was running and fell into the coffee table.  Not a corner or anything.....just the side.  He must have hit a soft spot on his skull, because there wasn't anything that seemed worse than normal.  He has had some hard falls!  He is quite clumsy!!  This time it produced blood filling a paper-towel, then a hand-towel, and when I went over look, he had blood streaming quickly down his neck.  We loaded up and headed to the ER.  The doctor thought that he was going to be able to use butterfly stitches until he cleaned it.  He ended up needing staples.  They asked us what we wanted to do.....numb it (stick him, upset him, and wait 30 min. for the numbing to take effect) or go "ninja style" and just do it quickly before he could know what happened.  Ninja style it was....we knew once he was upset that he would fight them, so it was better just to get it over with.  
 Within 5 minutes it was over and he was enjoying a cherry popcicle. 

Within an hour the two kiddos were back home playing and laughing.  Yep, the picture below is after 3 staples.  He is one tough little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment