Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spring Break and Easter fun

This year, we were off for spring break the week before Easter.  We had Easter at Johns' mom's last Sunday and also celebrated his sister's birthday.  The kids had a great time playing and having an egg hunt.






We didn't do anything grand this week, but spent a lot of time together.  Which really, I guess that is pretty grand!!  My sister was in town Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so the kids got to play together quite a bit and we just hung out at mom's.

These two have become quite close.  Easton loves "Aline." (Adeline)

Olivia had been at gymnastics and Annelyn went to go watch.  We grilled out and then they dyed eggs!



Oscar wasn't very impressed with egg dying.  He wanted more burger!

Leslie took Annelyn and Olivia on a "big sister" date.  The three of them are each the 'big sister' for their family, so she felt that they should do something together.  Olivia had the brilliant idea of going to get their nails done.  They had a blast!!!!


Apparently the water changed colors.  They thought that was really neat.  

My ticklish little one.  Leslie said she was laughing hysterically.  I don't doubt it.  

Growing up too fast!


Unfortunately, I spent the bulk of the week sickly with tonsillitis, but feel so much better now with some medicine.  I started break with pink eye, and figure it all ran together.  Wednesday was my worst day.  I only got out of bed to take the kids for Easter pictures.  They were hilarious!  The first time we did duck and bunny pictures with Olivia we laughed because she grabbed them by the neck to hold them.  This was Easton's first time to have bunny and duck pictures.  He would pick them up around their eyes and the small space up to the top of their little heads.  Then he would throw them---yep, I said, THROW them into the creek.  He laughed hysterically to the point of drooling.  It was funny, but then I got worried the poor ducks would be dead the next day.  Fortunately they made it!  I checked.  :)  Olivia held a sweet floppy ear bunny and had it laid on its back.  He was so relaxed in her arms.  She loved snuggling him and loving on him.  I can't wait to see how the pictures turned out.  Tanya always does an amazing job!

Friday Olivia, mom and I went shopping.  I think this is a first for the 3 of us since Easton has been home.  I am looking forward to more fun days like that in our future!
Last night we painted some eggs and tonight we dyed some.  I think they turned out pretty good!  I love the little face on one of the eggs.











Tonight we had our glow in the dark egg hunt.  The kids had a blast.




No comments:

Post a Comment