Tuesday, March 31, 2015

C4C 2015

Let me set this scene.  It was Wednesday, March 4th.  This is John's birthday, gymnastics day AND the day that our area was to get hit with a BIG winter storm.  The next day, the 5th, a couple friends and I were to leave for Created for Care around lunch time.  This is something that we look forward to each year.  We make our way there and stop at IKEA, enjoy a nice breakfast and take our time getting to the retreat.  I left Wednesday with everything in place for my 1/2 day that I would be taking on Thursday and my all day plans for Friday.  It's a big deal for me to take off, but I always save my personal days for this retreat, because this group of mama's, they get it!  There is a bond there to be around other adoptive mama's and what a great time we have had getting to know one another via facebook, this conference, and family outings that we have during the year!  I am so grateful for these ladies and I was so excited about this conference.  As everyone was leaving work they would tell each other, "see ya Monday!"  I thought, yeah right, they will miss it!  John came home from Gymnastics with Olivia and I brought my phone in to find 18 texts.  Maryleigh and Lori were ready to hit the road and beat the storm.  We had text back and forth during the day, but they were ready to go within the hour.  Umm......I wasn't ready.  I was in no way prepared to leave Wednesday night.  I had work squared away, but not home.  It was John's birthday.  I had a few things left to tag for consignment, we had been out the night before so I hadn't seen my kids, school hadn't even been cancelled at this point (but was shortly thereafter) and really...it's not gonna do anything, right?!!?  
They were super sweet and said they would wait, but I sent them on because I couldn't wrap my head around packing and getting on the road that night.  Something about, "Hey John, happy birthday, I am off for a girls weekend!" didn't sit right with me.  He even kept saying, "go, go!  You won't make it otherwise!"  I stayed.  I couldn't go just yet.  It was pouring the rain and in my world, it wasn't gonna do anything.  


 Dang it, I was wrong!



We stayed in and warm.  The snow was very powdery and we were all over it.  It was super COLD.  
I messaged a mama that I met recently that lives north of here and asked if I could hitch a ride.  Cause, we are going, right!!!!  She kindly allowed me to ride and we had zero trouble getting out of here.  We left Friday morning which meant I missed seeing the Dropbox (luckily I had been earlier in the week!) with the Korean mama's and eating dinner, but I was home to see Olivia lose her other front tooth, bake together, play in the snow (briefly), and actually enjoy the day off since I was done with consignment.  

 We got to the resort Friday afternoon and I quickly found my spot with the Korean mama's.  I love catching up with this crew!  The stories we share!  Oh the stories!  I have seen the selfie sticks and have laughed, but Jen pulled one out of her purse.  Of course we had to try it out.  As we were trying to get it together a sweet lady from another table offered to take our picture to which we all yelled, "no!"  They then saw how much fun and took a shot with the stick themselves.  

After being home with cold and yuck, it was so nice to be outside and soak up some warm sunshine!  It's hard to believe that the temperature was so much warmer just 4 hours south.  NICE!  

I met a new Korean mama who is a gorgeous Korean herself.  She was super fun to get to know, and I can't wait to see her again!  

 What a great time had by all.  I think I soaked up more relaxing and catching up this time then spending time in sessions.  The main sessions were amazing and I enjoyed each one.  


No comments:

Post a Comment