Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What a day!

This blog post is to be a reminder of "things could be worse." It is not me complaining, but a 'if you don't laugh about it you will cry' kinda day. We are throwing in the towel for the day, so I am going to bullet point the day. Remember, we are reminding ourselves to laugh this one off.

-Yesderday was our anniversary. (another blog and lots of catch up blogs coming.) I fell asleep rocking Olivia after school registration last night. I woke to her puking on me. I took her to the doctor yesterday morning because she had a temperature and was really snotty. I was thinking an ear infection or something simple. Her doctor tested for strep, but it was negative. He said she had a virus that is similar to strep but it wasn't strep. He said just to treat it with tylenol and benedryl. He also said she could vomit with this, but maybe not. Yep, she did! :)
-My phone has lost its charge yesterday, not a problem. I left it on the charger while I was at work last night. I got back to the car and it still didn't work. So, I came home and put it on the wall charger overnight. I woke up this morning to find it still wouldn't turn on. I called
customer service and was on the phone for over an hour.
-After one hour into the conversation, we had not gotten very far. I may or may not have been a bit (ahem) not nice. Really though, we pay our bill and the phone was randomly dead. It needed to be fixed and they were less than helpful.
-In order to get my phone up and working again, I would have to purchase an entire new phone or add a line. Um...no.
-We went to our local AT&T store and they couldn't help either. We were talking about possibly dropping every possible service we had with them due to the trouble we have had with them. Not a great thing to do, but it was on the table at one point today.
-We went to a main store that is close by. The very kind man was about to sell us a phone that would still put us out money, but not as much. He said, "before we do this, let me check one more thing..." So glad he did. It ended up being the battery! I can't believe that!! We just got these phones in May.
-We left there without a charge! That is the upside of being on the phone and completely frustrated for the bulk of this day.
-We went to the store while we were out, but they didn't have what I wanted so I was going to run into wal-mart while John and Olivia got dinner.
-We went to get dinner. It was getting late and John and I were discussing what to eat. I was going to do chicken sandwiches and fresh veggies, but John said, "Lets just pick up something. It will be much easier at this point."
-We headed to Chick-fil-a, but our 'tire pressure is low' light came on. John stopped to put air in it to get my by tomorrow.
-I wasn't in the store long before I saw Olivia and John behind me. John says, what did you want at chick-fil-a, chicken? I looked at him as if he had lost his mind (which I often do) and said, "yes, I am hurrying. I know its probably getting cold." His response, "Nope. They WERE OUT OF CHICKEN!" Are you kidding me!!!!
-So, 8:15 and back to the discussion of what's for dinner. As we pull out of the parking lot, John says, "oh no!" He pulls over and says, "Yep, its flat!" We were now laughing so hard at our day because it has just been that kind of day.


-He changed the tire and while he was doing that I called my mom back because she had called while I was checking out at the store. I was telling her that John was changing the tire to which she immediately said she had food she would bring us since we hadn't eaten. Thank you mama!!!
-We got home and started eating. Remember Olivia'a virus? Well, she hadn't held down food today due to all the congestion on her belly, I guess. This meal was no exception. Before we knew it she was throwing up chicken pot pie.

Well, there is our day. Laughable, right?! Tomorrow is another day. It is the first full day of school. Well, its an administrative day, so no students, and then registration tomorrow night again. Our last few weeks have been very busy!!! It is consignment season! Lots of catch up blogging to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment