Thursday, June 28, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday

I can't believe our little girl is officially 3 years old today. It doesn't seem possible. Many times today I have wondered what her birth mother is doing and her foster mom. I am sure they are both wondering both how and what Miss. Olivia is doing. I am forever grateful to both of these women. Her birth mother gave her life! Her foster mother cared for her until we were able to bring her home. I am the true lucky one who gets to be with her every day. I get to experience all the fun and laughter. I love her so much and I know both of them do too. So, how was our day? Well, it was a simple day, but she seems quite pleased with it.
I put her in the car at 7:45 this morning still in her pj's. I had a doctors appointment at 8:45 and knew I would hit rush hour. I dressed her in the car once we got there. She was wonderful! It was a quick appointment and then I gave her a few breakfast options. She chose the doughnut shop!
We went to the Doughnut Den and then headed to Mammy and Buppies house. Unfortunately, our dog Beau is not doing well. He has kidney failure and we just learned of this on Sunday. He has been given fluids and lots of medicine, but he refuses to eat. There is nothing more that can be done, so we went to see him one last time. Olivia loves Beau. She doesn't say she is going to Mammy and Bubbies house, she says she is going to Beau Beau's home. Beau is the thing that helped us over that hump when I went back to work. He would snuggle up to her in the mornings and if she was upset, I would tell her to look at Beau who was patiently waiting for her to tell him hi. He would give her a big kiss!
After laying in the floor and loving on Beau, we left and came home for Olivia to nap. When she woke up, Annelyn was here to swim.
The girls had fun swimming for a couple of hours and then Nana stopped by with a present for Olivia. She gave her some sand toys and the girls then enjoyed playing in the sand box for a bit.

We loaded up and headed back to my parents because dad needed to use the post hole digger. This time I knew I didn't want to leave because I knew this was the last time I would get to love on him. I sat in the floor and sobbed. Mom and dad finally talked us into leaving and taking Olivia to do birthday stuff. So, we went to Academy Sports to get her present (ok...so this is also tied into completing potty training, but two in one ain't a bad deal, right?!) We got a new trampoline for her! We then went to her favorite restaurant that she asked to go to which is Chick Fil A. I know....don't be jealous on that birthday dinner! ;) We walked across the street to DQ to enjoy a birthday blizzard.

Once we got home Annelyn and Leslie joined us to spend the night so mom and dad could have Buttons and Beau to themselves one more night.



I know there wasn't anything overly magical about today, but Olivia said she had a good day and we celebrated the best we could under the circumstances of our week. Happy Birthday sweet girl! I love you more than you could ever know. I am the lucky one because I get to be with you everyday. You made me a mommy. I am so blessed that you are my child. Praise the Lord that you were born on this day three years ago in Seoul, Korea. God had an amazing plan for you and I am so lucky to get to be in it! Happy, Happy Birthday sweet girl! We love you so much! As we say each day, "we love you to the..." and Olivia tells us "moon back, mommy!" And guess what Olivia....we do!!! All the way to that moon and back again!

1 comment: