Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Last birthday post....promise

The day after Olivia's birthday the gift that we got her arrived!  She opened the door and I said, "well, daddy isn't home, so let's wait a bit."  All she could think about was what was in that big box outside.  The first thing she said to John when he walked through the door was, "my present!  I want to open my present!"  With that, John got the boxes in and let her open the first one.  He had her open the box with the pieces in it and I watched her little face drop.  She was almost in tears.  Ok, she can be a bit dramatic!  Before he would open the big box, he had her smile holding up a piece of the metal leg.  So....not so sure, she waited while he opened the box.  She saw a long pink think and then quietly said, "balance."  I asked what it was and she said with a huge smile on her face, "balance beam!!"  I think she likes it!  Happy 4th Olivia! 






 


After a few times of walking across it she could squat and stand back up, jump and land back on it and turn around and walk back.  I think it will be a while before we add height to it, but she is doing really well on it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment