Sunday, July 21, 2013

Rainy days

As we watched several rainy days go by, we decided if we can't beat it, play in it!!





"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain." 

I feel like this is where we are.  We are in a "storm" along with other families.  We are learning to dance in the rain because we have no other option.  This adoption has been hard.  We can do hard, but we are still learning how.  We are not worse off than others, and our life isn't harder than others.  We have a good life, but right now it is hard.  It is at a stand still to some degree.  My mom pointed out yesterday that we have waited almost 3 pregnancy lengths.  It's hard to swallow and unless you walk that path, it is hard to understand.  Heck, it's hard for me to understand some days.  It's all the not knowing.  Not knowing if he will come home this year, not knowing if his BM will take him back, not knowing the WHEN he will even come home.  I know they are hard, but a pregnancy guarantees 9 mos. give or take.  We are all impatient people to some degree.  My patience is running thin!      

Good News!!  We found out that Easton's papers have been moved and are being prepared.  Ok, so this happened a month ago, but I didn't put two and two together until this weekend when I saw another family with our agency (a  May 2012 family, we are March 2012) had their paperwork moving and I panicked a bit.  When my social worker called Friday night, she put my worries to ease to let us know that when she went to Korea and had told us she took our papers with her that this was the reason why.  Lightbulb moment for me!!  His BM has not yet relinquished, or they haven't found her.  That may cause a 'hiccup' for us, but at least we are moving forward. 

As John said, we shouldn't get too excited!  This is basically our papers going from one desk to another.  We still have a LONG way to go, but at least we know our papers are being looked at.  So, it is a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment