Monday, January 20, 2014

Lots of adventures on our way home!

We had time to spare before heading to the airport, so we let the kids play in the play area one last time.  A few flips and playing with the mats and it was time to go!


Easton is already in love with my dad.  I think this may be my favorite picture ever of dad!  He looks so happy.  I think he may like Easton a little bit, too!!  We are waiting for our bus to the airport.

Olivia remembered the playroom from last month, so we quickly found one for today.  We had an hour and a half to wait and they needed to burn off some energy. 

 More airport playtime!

Not ready to leave Korea, but here we go!!!  However, ready to get home!
Right before boarding, Easton fell into a chair busting his bottom lip with his teeth.  I was so worried he was going to pass out.  I couldn't get him to breathe even when I blew in his face.  He got red, then blue and began turning a pale white before he finally took a breath.  Whew!  We boarded the plane and off we went.  Olivia's lunch was put down on her tray only to spill all over the seat because the tray broke.  It was bi bim bap which is somewhat messy! About an hour and a half in Easton started to cry.  He cried off and on the rest of the way with no more than a 20 minute break between.  LONG trip home!   I gave him a bottle to keep him quiet, and as the landing gear went down his eyes got really big.  I thought he was just scared and then it happened.....he puked everywhere!  On the lady's coat across the aisle, my pants, the chair, the floor, all over himself and my face....EVERYWHERE!  The taxi part always seems forever, but not this time.  I think we were at our gate in .2 seconds.  I couldn't get it cleaned up fast enough and Easton was screaming.  I got it and the plane began to unload.  We started to stand up when Olivia puked all over the seat with some sympathy puke.  We stunk so badly that even the drug dog in the airport stopped and smelled us.  The officer said he really liked us!  Yep, because we were funky!  We got in the airport and Easton and I both needed a bath!  When we went in the immigration office there were at least 25 people ahead of us.  Easton started to cry.  John wanted to give him something and I said, "No, let him cry...maybe he will get loud and they will bump us up!"  Sure enough, a nice man made eye contact with us and I tried to look pitiful.  He asked for our name and processed us quickly!  I got the suitcase I needed for some new leggings for me and new jeans for Easton.  Got soap from mom's bag and got us both clean enough to get home and not completely stink out our friends and family that would be at the airport.  I got Olivia changed and mom came in the bathroom to tell me that one of our bags didn't make it.  By the time we got down from immigration, our bags had been thrown off the conveyer belt and were all laying on the floor.  So you had a very large international flights bags' everywhere and then more bags from another flight coming in.  What a mess!!!  Dad and John had looked, but said this particular bag was missing.  This bag had all of our souvenirs and stuff that we received from Easton's foster mom in it.  I went to take one more look and luckily found it face down as I rounded the conveyer belt.  Now we were ready to get to Nashville.  We got up to the gate to check our bags and there was four lanes and only one guy checking tickets.  Dad said we would never make it!  Lucky for us that the line moved pretty quickly.  Immigration and customs done, puke cleaned, bags checked!  We were ready to head home.  We headed down the escalator  when Olivia said, "uh-oh!"  I looked and John was pulling her pants leg.  It was stuck in the side.  I thought her whole foot was stuck in the side and said, "Oh my gosh!" in a very loud panicky voice."  I was on the other escalator and all I could see was my sweet girls leg and foot cought in an escalator and it was quickly moving to the bottom.  John gave it one more tug and out the pants leg came.  Luckily her foot wasn't even involved like I thought from what I could see.  Another crisis avoided!  I seriously didn't know how that was going to end up.  John said he was going to take her pants off had they not come out with that last yank.  Glad he was on that side because I wouldn't have thought of that!!  We got on our flight and headed home to an amazing group of friends and family!  These are the only two pictures that I have of last night, but I will have more soon.  I will post then!  It was so good to see everyone that came.  It meant so much for you to come that late on your personal time!  Thank you isn't enough! 

A quick picture before boarding in Dallas. 
Ready to board the plane in Dallas along with some friends we met along the way.  Our kiddos got their visas on the same day!  Come to find out, we live close to each other.  Looking forward to fun times with them!!
WE ARE HOME!!! (more airport pics coming soon!)
We had a great crowd at the airport.  Poor Easton was beside himself.  It had been a very rough day and there was a ton of people and pictures. 
Cute banner in our yard along with balloons and a wreath to greet us when we pulled in! 
I ran inside and grabbed this little guy to come out and meet Easton.  I was SUPER happy to see him!

Super cute wreath on our front door!
 Love how our mantle was decorated for us when we got home!!!  Thanks Leslie and Traci! I also had a stocked pantry and refrigerator thanks to Amanda!!!

Easton is checking things out upstairs and very unsure. 

We had told Olivia that she had a big sister present waiting for her at home.  She went upstairs to find a gymnastics mat!!

 Easton is exhausted, but this is the first time for him to be in his room!!!
A picture of us this morning.  We all landed in our bed last night.  Even Oscar is snuggled up at the foot of the bed.  He usually is at the top with me. 
Off to bed!!! Easton is upstairs in his own room currently.  We will see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment